God's "Perfect Love Casts Out Fear" of His Judgment

 Dear Saints:

I have often heard the Scripture quoted, “Perfect love casts out fear”. Most of its use is often to calm down our nerves when we are facing dire situations/uncertainties and are afraid. That application works but it is not the intended by the writer Apostle John who is inspired by the Holy Spirit. I must confess that I do not understand it all. I thank God, that today we are reading and studying it in its context. Let’s continue our study and read 1 John 4:17-21:

“17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? 21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also”.

So Lord, what does this mean? Please explain it to us.

I remember when I was a kid and I will do something that deserved punishment. My mom will say, "wait till your dad gets home". I will be terrified waiting and afraid even though I have not received the punishment that was definitely coming.

For the rest of that day I will not have peace. Even when I engaged in other activities like playing games with other kids, no matter how much I enjoyed it, I still remember the judgment/punishment that is hanging over my head for it will surely come. And yes, I did get it when dad came home.

Now, transpose it to our adult life and our entire life. All of us have done stuff that deserves God's judgment and we have sinned big time and deserve punishment forever. Our conscience knows that very well and everything around us remind us of that judgment day even when we use entertainment and all the world toys and money to pretend and distract ourselves from the ultimate judgement.

And then comes the greatest good news. All the punishment for all my sins which I rightly deserve have been waived and I am free from the wrath of God. But how? Because God himself decided to first love me knowing very well of my sin and knowing that there is no way I can ever make it right with Him except He forgives me. It even gets better, without me doing anything good on my part, God choose to forgive.

Oh, the judgment is still there and punishment must be meted out for my sins. Why? Because God is righteous and He is a God of justice. Sin must be punished. So God decided to send His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die for my sins. And when He did so on the cross; Jesus shouted and proclaimed, “It’s finished”. It is complete and all the requirement for all my sins have been met and completed. My sins of the past, present and the future have been atoned and paid for forever.

I am no longer afraid for God’s Perfect love have cast out my fears. In other words, God’s completed love, clearly demonstrated on the cross have eradicated and eliminated my guilt and fear. How? When I now believe, trust and depend on what Christ has accomplished for me on the cross by His death. I am now free forever and I have peace because now the Prince of Peace lives in me.

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He [Jesus] is, so are we in this world." How is Jesus in this world? Christ is risen from the dead and lives forever and He is well pleasing to God the Father. For that we have "boldness in the day of judgement". Hallelujah!

Friends, this is the GOOD NEWS, THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. Shout hallelujah and praise our God. Perfect love has cast out my fear. To God be the glory. I am no longer afraid of the judgment that is surely coming.

"We love Him because He first loved us." How? By loving you my brother and sister whom I can see because I can’t see God in person right now but someday I will for sure. “20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? 21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also”.

Who has done you so much evil that you are still planning and waiting to give him/her their due judgement/punishment? Let’s love and forgive that parent, child, sibling, friend and etc., so that we ourselves will be truly free. Today, remove that fear of punishment for someone else as God has done for you and me. Amen.

Have you received and experienced this love of God that casts out fear of the ultimate judgment? Confess Jesus today; for he/she who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved from their sins forever. Amen. 

Please share this Good News of the Gospel of Christ with someone today and in this season. Tomorrow may be too late.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!