What I Am Looking For In 2023 - Happy New Year!

Dear Saints.

Happy New Year! We thank God for bringing us into the new year.

I trust we all had a good break with family and friends. We will continue next week with our study of 1 Peter 5. For now, let us reflect, pray, thank God and commit this 2023 into His hands to lead and guide us.

Below is what I am looking for in 2023:

1. I am looking for God the Father, God the Son Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit.

 

2. I am looking to the soon return of Jesus Christ.

 

3. I am looking for sinners needing to be reconciled to God.

 

Nothing else will satisfy me in 2023 other than finding God. I am in desperate need to find who God is, His character and the way He acts and works. You say, don’t you already know God? Yes and no. God knows me and has found me. I need to seek and find Him so He can reveal Himself to me daily. The more I know God, the more I believe and trust God.

 

I am on a quest and journey to seek and find the true God because there are so many false gods and idols around me. “And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13. God assures me that I will find Him.

 

Jesus said, “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Matthew 6:33. Friends, why should I worry and seek other things instead of seeking God? If I find God, I am satisfied. God has everything I need.

 

Lord, please show me who you are in 2023. Please open my eyes to see you in your Word daily. Help me to be still and quiet to hear your voice as you speak to me in prayer and throughout moments of the day. Lord, please help me to obey your voice in 2023.

 

I am equally looking for the soon return of Jesus Christ in 2023. O you say He didn’t come last year and has not come since 2000 years ago; what makes you think He will come in 2023?

 

Jesus said, “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” Luke 21:28. Friends things are happening that Jesus predicted. How about the following Scriptures for meditation:

 

“For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”Philippians 3:20. “Looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.” Titus 2:13.

 

“So that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 1:7.

 

“And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.” Hebrews 9:27-28.

 
"But you aren't in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won't be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief." 1 Thessalonians 5:4.

In 2023, I am eagerly looking for the soon return of Jesus Christ as instructed. He can come anytime and day and I must not be surprised.

I want to see my Savior and Lord who loved me so much and died for me. My expectation would help me live holy and set apart life in honor of my Lord.

 

Since I expect the soon return of Jesus, I must therefore join Him in looking for sinners who need to be reconciled to God. Jesus Christ came to seek and save the lost. He is calling His other children to Himself. Jesus told the early apostles, “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8.

 

In 2023, I must be a witness of what Christ has done in my life by the transformation of His Holy Spirit. Everyone needs Jesus. For all have sinned. Lord, please help me tell others about your salvation just as you saved me from my sins.

 

During the week of Christmas 2022, an unusual snow storm in Buffalo New York killed about 40 people. In the midst of it, Jay Withey, a stranded motorist took so much risk to save 24 people stranded in the killing cold. He busted the window of a nearby school and brought in stranded motorists and passengers to offer shelter, heat and food from the school’s kitchen.

 

The storm lasted for about 24 hours. Jay kept going for one motorist at a time. The Erie county police honored Jay for his heroic actions. If Jay can do that for physical salvation, I want to do the same for spiritual salvation of people in 2023.

 

The storms of sin is freezing many souls into hell. Jesus, please use me in your saving business. Help me to be about my Father’s business. Please fill me with your power and grant me love, boldness, and the discipline to tell all about your saving grace from sin. Amen.

 

Friend, what about you? What are you looking for in 2023?

 

If you have not repented of your sins, please do so today because you may not have tomorrow. Confess your sins to Jesus Christ and ask him to forgive you and fill you with His Holy Spirit to live a new life of relationship with God as your Lord and Savior. Jesus died for your sins, was buried and rose again to grant you eternal life.  Amen.

 

Please pray for me to find God and all that I am looking for in 2023. Thank you. May the Lord help you find Him and whatever else you are looking for in 2023. Lord, we thank you for 2022 and 2023. Amen.


HAPPY NEW YEAR AND NEW YOU AND ME IN 2023!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!