Who is Your Father? - Study 5/6/13

Who is Your Father?

We live in a day when lying is no longer a big deal. We have now other words for it. Political correctness is the reign of the day. Presidents, politicians, ordinary people no longer tell people and one another the truth in an effort not to offend and be all inclusive, accommodating and tolerant. On the surface, it all sounds nice but the foundation is lies from the father of lies – Satan.

Armstrong, the “dethroned” world champion cyclist lied for years about his use of steroids and other enhancing drugs that gave him advantage to compete and win. The lies have finally caught up with him. Look at some statistics from a Newsweek Study (DatabaseRecords.com, 9-14-2012: “Percent of adults who admit to telling lies "sometimes" or "often"- 12%; Percent of people who lie at least once during a 10-minute conversation- 60%; Percent of people who admit to lying on their resumes – 31%”. There is more in the study and you can check it out.

This world is full of lies. Why do humans lie? Satan is called the god of this world. 4 “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them”. 2 Corinthians 4:4

Paul says, 2 “But (we) have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God”. 2 Cor. 4:2.

In his encounter with the unbelieving Jews, Jesus tells us what the source of lies; living in lies and having a lifestyle of lies. “ 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it” John 8:44.

Who is your father? Jesus was very blunt because He is the Truth. He was not going to be politically correct with the unbelieving Jews – “You are of your father the devil”. Ouch. This is Truth in the inmost part. Jesus is also being blunt with you and me even right now. Who is your father?

There are only two fathers – God or the Devil. Is God your father? Then you and I have the Truth and what comes from us must be the Truth that lives in us. The issue is not whether we have lied or may lie. The issue is who our Father is. If by believing in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus then we have been reconciled to God and therefore, God is our Father. “The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin” (1 John 1: 5-10).

12 “But as many as received Him (Jesus), to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God” John 1:12-13. Are you a child of God? You become a child of God not by natural birth or place of birth.

The “Truth (Jesus) shall make us free” from Satan’s fatherhood every second, every minute, every hour, every day and forever. This is the promise of Jesus and that is what He accomplished on the Cross for us.

John 8: 28-47

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

If you don’t believe in Jesus who is the TRUTH but rather believe in the lies of the devil; and If you don’t blink in telling lies and lying is a normal way of living for you, it is obvious who you father is. Jesus said that the “devil is your father”. 47 “He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God”.

You can renounce your father the devil and have a new father, God by having Jesus come into your heart even right now. Lord Jesus, come into my heart and be my Lord and savior from sin and make me a child of God. Amen.

If you are already a believer in Christ and God is your father, then this is for us “9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him” Colossians 3:9-10

The “old man” is the devil, Satan and the “new man” is our new life in Jesus. The Word of God will renew us daily and lying will no longer be our lifestyle. There will be no liars in heaven meaning those whose father is Satan or the devil. “8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

Aren’t you glad that God is your Father? Thank you Lord My God and my Father. Let’s live like Apostle Paul “by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God” When we know that in every moment we are in the presence of God, we will not lie one to another or anyone else. His grace is sufficient for us to live this way. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!