Apostle by the Will of God

Apostle by the will of God

These days, we receive so much junk mail through email and also through the post office. If it is email, my first instinct is to browse and look for the personal emails of people I know and especially loved ones. If it is a bunch of mails through the post office, I quickly go through the pile looking for the hand addressed envelopes with return addresses of people I know. Basically we read a letter based on how much we know about the writer. As we get to study the Epistle to the Ephesians, it would be good to know the author and who he is writing to.

Have you ever considered your profession as per the will of God? Regardless of what we are currently doing, we must see it as Apostle Paul saw his – as per the will of God.
Listen to Paul in Ephesians 1: “Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ”.

Apostle by the will of God? Mechanic, Accountant, Home- Maker, Sales clerk, Pastor, Truck Driver, Engineer, etc. by the will of God? Yes, by the will of God. Paul was sure that his calling as Apostle to the Gentiles was by the will of God even before he was born. Listen to Paul.

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

13 For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. 14 And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. Galatians 1:11-17

Paul did not have to be “ordained” by man. His commission and His Gospel were directly from God. Like Paul, we do not need “ordination” to preach the Gospel of Jesus to this world whom Satan have blinded their eyes. We too were blinded until God removed the veil from us to see Him by His special revelation. We must continue to pray for the “spirit of wisdom and revelation” to know God for us and for all people around us.

Yes, whatever you are doing now, it is by the will of God so as to declare His love and plan of salvation to all around you. May we do it with joy.

Please note that the Epistle was addressed to the Ephesians (a Gentile Church) but also written to you and me – the “Saints” and the “faithful in Christ Jesus”. If you are a believer in Christ, you are a saint. If you have put your faith in Christ, then you are “faithful in Christ Jesus”. It is a privilege to be called “Saint Udo”. It is a gift from God, therefore I cannot boast about it.

Hello fellow Saints of God, let us thank God and receive his grace and peace as Apostle Paul wished all. Notice the order – Grace, then Peace. You cannot have peace until you have received God’s grace and this grace is in Jesus Christ. 14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth….16 And[e] of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace” John 1:14-16

Hello Saint, whatever you are doing know that it is “by the will of God”. Let’s do it all to the glory of God. Stop comparing yourself to what someone else is doing. God has given them their own assignment. God is revealing Himself through us, so relax; He is the One at work and not you. Your job and my job are to speak, love, pray and point people to Jesus Christ for an everlasting relationship without which they will be doomed forever in hell. Will you do that? May God bless you. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!