Our Unbelief

Our Unbelief



“Lord, I believe, help my unbelief” Mark 9:24. That is the cry of the father whose son was tormented by the spirit of epilepsy. The disciples could not heal his son and now Jesus had to intervene and cast the spirit out and the son was made whole. The disciples asked why they could not heal the epileptic son. Jesus said, it is “because of your unbelief”. How often do we reach this point on daily basis?

The disciples and all of us can learn from the father of the formerly epileptic boy. “Lord I believe, help my unbelief”.

What are you facing today that you can cry out to the Lord, and say, “Lord I believe, help my unbelief”. I can tell you one of the most important things you and me are facing today; that is the salvation of a loved one or friend or co-worker. I am sure you have someone in that category. Heading to hell is worse than suffering epilepsy in this life. Only Jesus can heal both disease and sin. Let’s cry to him today for someone who is “spiritually epileptic”. And also tell them and bring them to Jesus. Faith comes by hearing the word of God. How can they believe in Christ if they don’t hear the words of Christ? “Come to me and I will give you rest”.

“Lord, I believe, help my unbelief”. Thank you Lord for the faith to believe you died for my sins, rose from death and coming back again to take me home to be with you forever.

Jesus is looking for faith that we only look to Him for everything. It does not matter how small the faith as long as you are looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.
Matthew 17 -A Boy Is Healed

14 And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, 15 “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic[c] and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. 16 So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him.”

17 Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.” 18 And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour. 19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”

20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief;[d] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”[e]

Jesus Again Predicts His Death and Resurrection

22 Now while they were staying[f] in Galilee, Jesus said to them, “The Son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men, 23 and they will kill Him, and the third day He will be raised up.” And they were exceedingly sorrowful.

Peter and His Master Pay Their Taxes

24 When they had come to Capernaum,[g] those who received the temple tax came to Peter and said, “Does your Teacher not pay the temple tax?” 25 He said, “Yes.”

And when he had come into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth take customs or taxes, from their sons or from strangers?” 26 Peter said to Him, “From strangers.”

Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are free. 27 Nevertheless, lest we offend them, go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first. And when you have opened its mouth, you will find a piece of money;[h] take that and give it to them for Me and you.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!