"I Am Always With You"

“I Am With You Always”

We end our study and meditations on the book of Matthew today. We end with the last words and promise of Jesus “I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.” Matthew 28:20. This promise is to His Disciples. We know that only those who believe and trust in Jesus are His disciples. God's Holy Spirit only lives and abides in His disciples. If you are not a disciple, then this is the time to become one by believing and trusting in the death, burial, resurrection of Christ for forgives of sins and for all righteousness.

It can’t be any better that God Himself will be with you us always. God, the Almighty and Creator of all things will be with me always? It is mind blowing and I can’t yet comprehend and absorb it all. Can you?

Notice that the book of Matthew started with the same promise and ended with the same promise. In Matthew 1:23, we read, “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel (which means “God with us”).

What road are you walking on today? Jesus is with you and in you so do not fear what anyone can do to you.

I remember when I was a young boy and walking around the neighborhood with my dad. All the other boys who used to harass me and put fear in me would dare not say anything but will rather pay respect to my dad. But my dad was not always with me walking around the neighborhood so when he is not with me those guys will have their chance.

I now have someone much better and all powerful than my earthly Father. My heavenly Father God is with me always and He never leaves me nor forsakes me. Guess what? No one can touch me now. My heavenly Father is with me in the storm, fire and all circumstances of life. What a confidence and hope we have in our God the Father, our Lord Jesus Christ God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

What a blessing to know and have my God with me. This is the true and greatest blessing – Immanuel, God with me. Are you seeking for any other blessing?

This blessing and promise of His presence is in the context of a responsibility of "Go and make Disciples," that has been given to us. Most often, we only focus on the promises of God without living up to the responsibility that comes with it.
Listen to Psalm 67: 1-4: “God be merciful to us and bless us, And cause His face to shine upon us, Selah. That Your way may be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations”. Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You. 4 Oh, let the nations be glad and sing for joy!”

God is with us and has blessed us and His face is shining upon us for the very purpose: through us, His Way (Jesus) may be known throughout the earth and that all nations (people groups) will come to Salvation in Jesus and be reconciled to God. Then and only then there will be gladness and joy in our hearts and joy all over the earth.

Friends that is what it is all about. It is all for God’s praise and Glory. Yes, God is with you as you struggle through the difficult marriage, singleness, falling family structure, disobedient children, and sickness for you or for loved ones, discrimination and denial of promotion at work, racism, tribalism and all the evils of this world. Yes, He is with you and will always be; for the very purpose that you will know His Way (Jesus) and make Him known to all around you. Can you do that today, this week, and this year?

Life is sweetest when we realize our purpose and the reason why we are here and going through whatever we are going through. We can change the tone and our conversation in our nation when we start loving people and helping them find the Way, the Truth and the Life in Christ. Many do not have it and those of us who do are not sharing Christ with others.

Nothing else will bring change in your life and mine and the country except the power of the Holy Spirit as we hear and do and love as He instructs us on daily basis. We must humble ourselves to be quiet to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit who is in us and with us.

“13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He [c]will take of Mine and declare it to you.” John 16:13-15.

Why are you worried about today or tomorrow? Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to show you His will and insight into the issue at hand according to the above scripture. He is with you always and he will reveal it. Amen.

Lord, thank you for being with us always to the very end of this age and forever. Amen.

Thank you for studying the book of Matthew with me.
PS: Please join us next week as we begin the study of the Gospel of John. Please read the whole book of John and just get the flow without the chapter divisions. Try it as many times as you can and you will be surprised and blessed.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!