Love Evidence of Faith

Love Evidence of Faith

What is the evidence and is there really an evidence for a new life in Christ? If you have trusted in, believed in Christ (which is our faith), how would others know that you have? If Apostle Paul could refer to evidence should we not refer to such and expect such from others and of ourselves.

Paul had been documenting for the Ephesian Church (and I would say all Churches) the great spiritual blessings we have in God. At this time, he is writing but he was also with the Ephesians in person to see the evidence. He had lived with the people for almost 2 year? (See Acts 19). Paul knew what he was talking about when he said the following in the process of praying for the Ephesians:

“15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers” Ephesians 1:15

What is this love for all the saints? If you cannot stand the bride of Christ, how can you say you love Jesus? It is like someone saying he is my friend but will have nothing to do with my wife and cannot stand her. I would say, forget you. You are really not my friend. My wife and I come as one. If you cannot stand other believers in Christ, please watch out and actually check to see you have really trusted and put your faith in Christ. It does not matter what color, country, culture, shape and hairstyle, there is only one bride of Christ without distinction.26 ‘For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus…28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:27). The Ephesian Church was a mixed bunch in a popular city of its time.

How do we love all the saints? Paul will get into more detail in chapter 4. However, we cannot love others until we understand all Paul has previous written in this chapter 1. That we are chosen, adopted, accepted, redeemed and forgiven by grace from God. When we know how much God has loved us, then we can love those whom He also died for and have adopted just like us. We were all orphans before and now belong to the family of God. How dare me to think I am better than the other brother or sister in Christ. What stops me from loving other believers is fear and erroneous assumptions about them. We assume we have it together and the other does not. As such I cannot love that person except to criticize him/her. Do I really have it together? Not really except for God’s grace.

Let’s remember that “And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love” 1 Corinthians 13:13. We will only take love to heaven so let’s love today and not tomorrow which may be too late.

“All the Saints” include those in our household, let’s not forget. It is easier for us to be so nice and loving to other saints outside (church, work etc.) and not love the ones we live with. It seems we have a different standard for “saints” who live with us (spouses, children, extended family members).

How do we love all the saints? Hear Paul,

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:1-3.

The key is recognizing the “calling with which you (we) were called”. The call is in Ephesians chapter one. God has called us to Himself – choosing, adopting and accepting, redeeming and forgiving us. If none of these are real in your live, then you cannot be in lowliness (humble), gentleness, longsuffering bear with one another in love. Loooooooooooooooooooooooongsufering! You get it! Please don’t quit yet. When you “bear” with them in love; they become “dear” to you.

Can we please bring this from heaven to earth? Let’s stop shouting “hallelujahs” and “praise God” if we cannot love His bride. It is a mockery on our part. The good news is that the Holy Spirit that “sealed” us is the One living the life of God in us. On our own we cannot love anyone. I am relieved!

I cry to the Holy Spirit every day and say, please love this brother or sister thru me. I cannot stand him or her on my own. Help me Jesus. Can we be honest to the God who lives in us and who already knows how we feel about this person pinching us on the wrong spot? Please pray for me. I need the help of the Holy Spirit to love “all the saints” and especially in my household. Amen.

Are you loving “all the Saints” including the ones in your household? Like Paul, let’s thank God for other believers when we see their faith in Christ that is evidenced by love for other believers. I thank God for you. Give me a break my brother/sister. I don’t have it together except for the grace of God.

Jesus is Lord & Savior !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!