It's Not About You


Dear Saints

"I was blind, now I see.” You cannot take that away from me and you cannot talk me out of it. At 17 years old, God apprehended me and opened my eyes to who He is. Some members of my family opposed this new “born again” phenomenon they thought was bad for me and did their best to bring me back to my old religious life that never worked. Of course, I dug into my heels and refused to budge even with threats of great consequences such as ending support for my higher education.

I can relate to this man born blind that Jesus healed as we study John 9 (please read the entire chapter). Why would people be comfortable with you in your old life but resist your new life? I propose that it is not so much about you but opposition to the One who is now in you. Jesus has invaded darkness and cast light on the blind man and now lives in him. The religious leaders and his parents opposed this man but they were really opposing Jesus. Here is some of the conversation:


“So a second time they called the man who had been blind, and said to him, “Give glory to God; we know that this man is a sinner.” 25 He then answered, “Whether He is a sinner, I do not know; one thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.” John 9:24-25.

Friend, when and if you have put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, it is no longer about you but about Jesus, God the Son, God the Father and the Holy Spirit now resides and dwells in you and with you. Hell will marshal all its forces to oppose you and especially God in you.

Note that Jesus made it very clear why this man was born blind: “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.” John 9:3.

Are you still wondering why you were born in your family and with the conditions and circumstances you inherited whether sickness or whatever? Can you allow God to get His glory out of your circumstances as He demonstrates His power in your weakness?

By the way, do not dictate the ways God uses to meet your need and invade your life. “He [Jesus] spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and applied the clay to his eyes, 7 and said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went away and washed, and came back seeing.” John 9:6-7. Nasty? Some of us may go through the mud before we see the light of Christ in our lives and lives of our loved ones. Just hang in there; pray and obey what Jesus says.


Friend, it is not about you but all about Jesus who lives in you and gives you strength. “Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.” Ephesians 6:13.

Oh they may "cast you away" as they did the formerly blind man. But guess what?

"Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of [g]God?” 36 He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?” 37 And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.” 38 Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him." John 9: 35-38. Jesus will look for you and never will He leave you nor forsake you. It comes down to believing and worshiping God.

Share your faith in Christ and leave the consequences to Him. Do not be afraid. Someone is waiting to receive your invitation and introduction to Christ (not to your church building). Let's learn from this blind but now seeing man. He did not need theology degree to share what Jesus did in his life and likewise you and me. Amen.

Lord, we pray this day for our brothers and sisters all over the world that are suffering/persecuted for their faith in Christ. We pray especially for our former Muslim brethren who face even death for believing and trusting Jesus as their Lord and Savior. May your grace abound for all even among us this day. Thank you Lord, for removing our blindness to see you and never to be separated from you. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!