"I am the Good Shepherd"

Dear Saints:

It is an established fact that the sheep is one of the most senseless animals. It is not a coincidence that Jesus, who created the sheep used it as a metaphor to describe humans and His relationship to them. A sheep cannot really fight back the other wild animals that attack him in the open. Because of that, they are fenced in and they must be led by the shepherd outside the gate to graze.
Without the shepherd’s lead, the sheep does not know how to come back through the gate. Left alone, they will wander off track and only the shepherd can lead them through the gate back to where they are safe and saved from the other wild animals and the thief.

Jesus used the above picture to speak to His audience and made very profound “I am” statements in our study of John 10 (please read the entire chapter). Listen to Jesus:

“So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

11 “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. 12 He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13 He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, 15 even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.” John 10:7-16.

Jesus is the door and the good shepherd. Basically, His is the way, the truth and life as he had previously proclaimed. He is God the Son. Without Him, there is no hope for humans. He is the only door and He is the only Good Shepherd. Every other door or shepherd is a false door and a thief but not a good shepherd.

Can you stop looking for other doors and other shepherds today? Are you looking for “an opening”; whether job or any other opportunities or favor? Come to the only TRUE “opening” Jesus, and He will lead you to the true pasture you need for life now and hereafter.

Guess what? Jesus said, “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly” Oh no; this is not the prosperity gospel “name and claim it” abundant life. This is the real stuff. Jesus living inside of you is more than enough and His life is abundant without measure. Please stop chasing shadows and come to Jesus in prayer with your need and thanksgiving today. Jesus is always “GOOD” to us.

Watch out for the other competitor: “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.” This is Satan himself. His job description is, steal, kill and destroy. As long as we are in and with Jesus, the good shepherd, Satan cannot steal, kill or destroy us. Guaranteed because Jesus has laid down His life on the Cross for us. Yes, Satan may though tempt and harass us but Jesus has defeated him forever.

Please check out more of Jesus as a good shepherd in the famous Psalm 23.- “The Lord is my shepherd and I shall not want or I lack nothing.”

Thank you Jesus for being my Good Shepherd. I acknowledge my senselessness and constant need for you. Thank you for saving me from the thief, Satan. May I dwell in your house forever and even though I may walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you are with me and I will not fear any evil. Amen.

Does this statement of Jesus apply to you? “I know My own and My own know Me.” What about your family members, friends and co-workers? Do Jesus know them and do they know Jesus (not about Jesus). This is the “knowing” of intimacy because, “they will hear My voice” and "He calls his own sheep by name".

When was the last time you heard the voice of Jesus through reading His Word or whispered to by the Holy Spirit? Oh yes, if you belong to Jesus, He knows and calls you by your name. This is an assurance to meditate and rest upon; and be at peace always.

Please pray for and introduce someone to Jesus so they may too know Jesus. Tell someone how “Good” Jesus is to you. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!