His Divine Power For Godly Living

Dear  Saints,

I need divine power, the power of the Holy Spirit, for today and living in these times when lies are declared truths, and there is no more right or wrong. Friends, we are in a messed-up world of wickedness. I desperately need the help of the Holy Spirit. I hope you do.

As we continue our study of 2 Peter, apostle Peter reminds the suffering pilgrims of what they have already received for living godly in a messed up and corrupted world. Here is Peter speaking:

"By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises.

These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires.

In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God's promises." 2 Peter 1:3-5

First, the Lord has given us His Holy Spirit that dwells in us, and He is with us. Secondly, God has given us knowledge of Himself. And third, God has given us His precious promises contained in the Bible.

Our task is "making every effort to respond to God's promises"  We need to pray, read, meditate and study the Bible to know His precious promises and apply them. Now I understand why Jesus said a person cannot live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from God's mouth.

Are you responding to God's promises? Are you applying the word of God to your circumstances? If not, you and I will live in misery and suffer unnecessary consequences.

This past week, I was miserable, anxious, and stressed out because of what I perceived as injustice against me. At a point, the Lord said to me to deal with the situation according to His word and promises. I was led to read all of Romans 12 and especially verses 14 -21:

"Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them… Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. 18 Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. 19 Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,

"I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the Lord20 Instead, "If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads." 21 Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good."

The Lord said, will you start praying and blessing this person who has wronged you? I reluctantly said yes. I have been praying and blessing this person. My stress and anxieties have significantly reduced. I thank God for the power of the Holy Spirit to bring me to a place of peace in Him. Yes, the situation has not been entirely resolved, but I have peace.

Has anyone become a “sandpaper” and chipped away at your strength? Please forgive them, pray, and bless them. Amen.
The Holy Spirit is working first in us and through us in all our problems so we can live godly lives by "His Divine Power." Today, receive God's Divine Power through His Word. Some of God's promises are hard as we see in Romans 12. Settle for all God's promises not just the easy prosperity ones. Amen.
May God's grace be sufficient for you now and forever. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!