Mind Your Own Business - "Follow Me"

Dear Saints:

Yes, mind your own business. “Follow Me”. You didn’t hear it from me but from Jesus. Stop probing into matters that do not concern you. This is what Jesus told Peter. He is saying the same to you and me.

The art of comparison has been going on for a long time. Cain compared himself to his brother Abel and became jealous and killed him. God has given each of us our own gifts and assignments and we better keep our eyes focused on Him and then do what He tells us.

John 21:17-21 (Please read the entire chapter of John 21) :

Jesus said to him [Peter], “Feed My sheep. 18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish.” 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me.”

20 Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, “Lord, who is the one who betrays You?” 21 Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, “But Lord, what about this man?” 22 Jesus said to him, If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.”

23 Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, “If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you?”

Jesus has just restored Peter. He tells Peter follow me. Jesus also told Peter that the road ahead would be rough for him and that he would die an unusual death. Now Peter wants to know what will happen to John. Jesus tells Peter, it’s none of your business.

You will miss and mess up following Jesus if you keep looking at others instead of Jesus. We are busy comparing what this ministry, pastor, colleague at work, neighbor and even siblings are doing.

Everyone must run their own race. What has God put in your hand to do? May He find you doing that. God has positioned you to reach certain people I will never come across and never interact with. Even in marriage our assignments are different and we each bring something of value to the table.

Are you minding your own business? Are you staying in your lane. It doesn’t mean we do not seek others out for wisdom and counsel. I must finish the work the Lord has assigned me. By God’s grace He has called me to himself. His power also enables me to complete my ordained works He created for me before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 2:8-10). Disclaimer: I am not saved by good works.

I thank God that Peter listened to Jesus and followed Him. Who are you following? These days people are following others on Twitter or other media. You better be following Jesus and hearing His Holy Spirit speaking to you. Peter surrendered and accepted God’s will for him. Will you or are you still fighting with God’s will for you?

We have evidence that Peter followed Jesus all the way and died for Him as Christ had told him. Peter listened and obeyed. Not too many days later, Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit and preached and God used him and launched the Church with three thousand repenting and turning their hearts to Christ (Acts 2).

What is your evidence? Will you keep making excuses because of what Dick and Debbie are doing or not doing? What are you doing?

When you are not minding your own business, you become a rumor mill and spread half-truths which are lies (see John 21:23). I thank God apostle John quickly killed the rumor that he was going to live forever without physical death. Please, let the rumor stop with us.

Do you want to be a rumor/gossip peddler or Gospel preacher? Change/transform lives by the power of the spoken Gospel and stop tearing others down into pieces. Let’s build up people.

Lord, I confess and repent of the many ways I have not minded my business, your business. Forgive me Lord; also forgive me for peddling gossips instead of sharing your love and your Gospel with those around me. Amen.

We are going into the greatest harvest of souls during and after COVID-19. Will you and I mind our business and be the greatest laborers in our Father’s vineyard even if we die doing so?

“Follow Me”. That’s Jesus to you. And mind your own business. “Do you love me more than these? Do you love me? Feed My sheep.”

Thank you for completing the study of the Gospel of John with me. Remember, keep believing in Christ the Son of God who is God that gives eternal life to all. Now, go and tell it to the whole world around you. May God’s grace enable you to love as He is loving you. Amen.

Lord, please forgive our sins and heal America and the world as we join many praying on this National Day of Prayer. Thank You Lord for Your mercies and kindness on us. Amen


Happy Mother's Day to our Mothers, Wives and Sisters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!