Who Are You?

Dear Saints:

We continue our study of the Letters of Apostle John. He is asking you and me; “Who Are You?” Do you know who you are? He is saying, if you don’t know who you are and what your spiritual state and stature is, then you are groping in darkness and you will stumble. It must be very clear in your mind and heart, who you are. If you don’t understand who you used to be, you cannot understand who you are today.

Who are you my brother and my sister? Are you pretty sure who know you? Please read and listen carefully to Apostle John to understand and if you are a woman, please insert woman in place of man:

“12 I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake. 13 I write to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have known the Father. 14 I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one.

Do Not Love the World

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2: 12-17.

Summary of who I am: My sins are forgiven; I know Christ; I have overcome the wicked one; I know Christ not just as an earthly person but that He has been from the beginning and He is the beginning; I am strong in Christ; and The word of God (Christ Himself) lives and abides in me. I am living and abiding with God forever. I am to live and do God’s will. This is who I am. Does the summary reflect who you are?

I must then live accordingly: I must be myself and express who I am. I must not allow anyone else to define who I am. I must know that my Father in heaven loves me and I am to love Him back. I must know that My Father’s love is in me and as such, I must love others not with my own selfish love but with the Father’s love. I MUST THEREFORE, NOT HATE A BROTHER OR SISTER, because hate is not what my Father has given me but rather He gave me LOVE and this LOVE lives in me.

I must not love the world and it’s lust because that is where He brought me out of. I must love the people of this world and tell them about my Father and His Son who died for me.

BE WHO YOU ARE TODAY! Lord please help me understand and believe who I am and continue to grant me your grace to be and live out who I am in You. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Legacy, Your Legacy?

The Day of The Lord - Judgment & Righteousness

Be One Of The Shepherds - Merry Christmas!